Behind my house "Cat Jump Park"

Behind my house "Cat Jump Park"
Behind my house "Cat Jump Park"

Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Golden Years!

The health of their parents and chances are you will hear a similar story of pain and anguish with regard to moving them into some sort of "supported" Care.

Having been complicit in urging my own elderly parents to leave the family home of 50 years and enter a "lifestyle"facility touted as "safe", sanitary and supervised", I have. since they passed away, regretted this decision few years ago!

This is a time when there may not be an obvious illness but our deterioration in terms of dodgy hips,failing eyesight,incontinence extreme confusion and general dishevelment has everyone -particularly.family,descending into despair.

So here is the list we are leaving our soon to be middle-aged children in an attempt to prevent their guilt and sleepless nights when faced with Mum and Dad falling to bits along with the family home.

They will encourage your to sell our house,sign away any remaining saving (your inheritance!) and move us into financially exploitative "luxury" retirement villages your keeping yourself nice home!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

                               
   

                                              jack going to 5 years old to new school!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Millie's 8 of two years.

                                                           

3 comments:

Tamago said...

As much as it's fun to see kids grow, it's hard to see our parents getting older. Jack and Millie are growing up! They are so adorable :-)

Have a great week, Michiko san!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Michiko,
Yes, it is the hardest thing to face when our Parents are getting to a point where decisions need to be made.
Aging is not for the faint at heart...
Sending you hugs and enjoy your cute grandchildren.
Mariette

Katy-Mei said...

Some are lucky to have children to put up with them, some are not so. I really don't mind if I need go to a home, I keep saying to myself. I hate give pain and headache to my family if I get to the stage I couldn't cope to look after myself. I am looking thinking to find a home already. I am only 58, but with all those friends, I am worry how long I can last. Going home to family isn't easy anymore, I don't see the hope! Thank you for all your support and comments my friend, but there are time I really don't understand, I am sorry I am too straight at time. I really don't know it's a good one or you are making fun on me. I feel very uncomfortable. I still have lots why you didn't give me the answer. I do love you but I don't understand you at time. Have a good weekend Michiko.